The Shasta Route
Index of Annotations
Additional descriptions and explanations, which did not fit to the flow of the text, have been separated into their own page.
Annotation pages are marked with a paper clip.
The following pages have been added:
- A description of Talgo overnighter cars.
- An overview of modern snow clearing concepts.
- An explanation of the term "cant deficiency".
- An attempt at explaining the FRA safety concept.
- A definition of the term "tons" within this document.
- An explanation for the abbreviation "HEP".
- A description of possibilities, to buy high-performance DMUs, which are close to serial production.
- An explanation of measurements in "degrees of curvature".
- About the problems with platform heights and station safety concepts.
- Part 2 of the platform height annotation, which was too long for fast display.
- Short descriptions, how the TGV Vendée solved a problem of the sea resort Les Sables d'Olonne.
- A note about a very small long distance train, the "Ole Tobias", operating in Norway.