Talgo overnighter equipment
The fastest overnighters in Europe, like the "Francisco de Goya" Madrid - Paris, use Talgo equipment. The delivered carriages include
- full-comfort sleepers with one shower per bedroom,
- standard bedroom sleepers,
- the European-style, rather cramped couchette cars,
- a modern version of Milwaukee Road's "Touralux" open section sleeper,
- coaches with extra seat pitch and more relaxed reclining angle for the seats.
When the Talgo cars were developed, an anti-noise package was offered to the Spanish RENFE, but not accepted due to cost reasons. The prototype for this option is still running in a Spanish train.